Mrs. Becker’s Newsletter
For the Week of October 11
New High-Frequency Words: are, that, of
High-Frequency Words: I, am, the, a, like, to, he, is, have, my, we, make, me, for, with, she, see, look
I cannot stress enough how IMPORTANT it is that you practice each high frequency word EVERY night with your child. The high-frequency list will start off small and gradually grow larger. Practicing with your child will make a significant difference. Please make it an enjoyable experience by having fun with it. The high-frequency words are on the top of this newsletter.
New Letters/Sounds: Dd, Kk
Letters/Sounds: Mm, Tt, short Aa, Ss, Pp, Cc, Ii, Nn, Bb, Rr
Homework: Please check your child’s Take-Home Folder
Homework will reflect the subject and skills taught in class and will review earlier concepts. Look for it in your child’s take-home folder each day.
Kindergarteners may need guidance on some of their homework assignments.
Sight Word Practice
• Please practice Lord’s Prayer/Our Father
Math: (Homework every night) • Workbook page (are circled)
• Dd and Kk worksheets
• Practice writing first and letters: Mm, Tt, Ss. Aa, Pp, Cc, Ii, Nn, Bb, Rr, Dd, Kk
• October 11 – A wonderful week to learn something new!
• October 11 – Professional Development, No School
• October 13 – Library – please return books
• October 14 – Mass with our Faith Partners
• Young Rembrandts on Thursdays (if signed up)
• Dance on Friday (if signed up)
• Piano on Wednesday (if signed up)
• Karate on Wednesday (if signed up)
• Send a spill proof water bottle daily. Please only put water in the water bottle. There are no working water fountains, but we do have a water fill station.
• Please send extra masks to school (just in case).