Welcome Kindergarten Families!
High-Frequency Words: are, to
- Review High-Frequency Words: can, see, like, go, look, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, pink, white, brown, gray, black, the, and, a, I
- Practice daily
Letters/Sounds: None this week
Review Letters: t, f, b, m, n, i, u, c, o, a, g, d, s, j, p, l, k, h, v, w, y, x, qu, and z
- We will continue to practice sounding out cvc words.
- A cvc word is a word that is made up of a consonant, vowel, and consonant sound.
- Group 1: Will continue Beginning Sounds, Sort 2: t, g, n, p
- Group 3: Beginning Sounds, Sort 4: l, k , j w
- Group 3: Word families with words and pictures, Sort 9: op, ot, and og families with words and pictures
Religion: We Celebrate Christmas
- Students will understand that Christmas celebrates the birth of Jesus.
- Students will deepen their appreciation for the feast of Christmas.
- Students will learn about the Immaculate Conception.
- Students will understand that Christmas is a time for gift giving.
We will read: Simon and Molly plus Hester and a folktale called The Little Red Hen
Students will be able to:
- Retell familiar stories including key details.
- Respond to questions about the main characters in a story.
- Respond to questions about the setting of a story.
- Respond to questions about the major events in a story.
- Respond to questions about key details in a story or poem.
- Identify characters, settings, and major events in a story.
- Compare and contrast the experiences of characters in a familiar story.
- We will work on sequencing
- Name the author of a story
- Name the illustrator of a story
- Explain the role of an author in telling a story
- Explain the role of an illustrator in telling a story
- Identify the front cover, back cover, and title page of a book.
- Participate in shared writing projects
- Follow agreed-upon rules in a group discussion
- Practice writing complete sentences using sight words and inventive spelling.
- Draw pictures to express an opinion about a topic.
- Draw pictures to convey information about a topic.
- Write an opinion about a topic using a combination of drawing, dictating, and writing.
- Students will continue to work on labeling their drawings.
- Determine which linking cube stick is longer than or shorter than the other.
- Compare the length of linking cube sticks to various objects.
- Compare objects using the same as.
- Compare using heavier than and lighter than with classroom objects.
Science/ Social Studies:
- Students will learn about reindeers.
Homework: Please check your child’s Take-Home Folder
- Math workbook pages (please only do the lesson that is circled)
- Phonics packet with reading log (due Friday)
- December 07 – A great week to learn something new!
- December 08 and 10 – i Ready activities
- December 08 – Church, Immaculate Conception.
- December 11 – Ugly Sweater Day
- December 18 – 11:30 Dismissal
- December 19 – January 03 – Christmas Vacation – No School
- Send a spill proof water bottle daily. Please only put water in the water bottle.
- There are no working water fountains, but we do have a water fill station.
- All shirts must be tucked in.
- Please do homework in pencil.
I Need Your Help:
- We need glue sticks.
- Please replace your child’s take-home folder as needed.
Have a great week. Thank you, Stay Safe, Mrs. Becker